I believe this but I also believe that is not how it’s supposed to be. The mere act of saying sorry is fine and swift and we could all attest to that. So how did it become hard? In my opinion, saying sorry becomes hard when the mistake you did was way too heavy and serious that it’s either you get so ashamed about it that you rather not talk, or your pride just got the better of you.
Last Wednesday, it happened to me. I did something wrong that wasn’t too big of a deal, but what made it seem like I killed someone was I didn’t say sorry. And to be honest, it was my pride that ate me whole. I knew I was wrong but half of my mind said it was such a petty thing for my sister to be mad about. The other half said I should make it up to her and then tell her I’m sorry. Oh man, too bad I chickened out.
I’m not that religious but I still try to do my responsibilities as a Catholic. But I just cannot take the Bible and embed my whole life in it. Just like what my sister told me, humans wrote it, not God himself. And yes, she’s right. The Bible is a compilation of accounts of various people who witnessed what happened way back then. Most of them, if not all, were the disciples of the Lord , but even so, they were still ordinary people with ordinary eyes that might have seen extraordinary things. Let’s not forget that different people/witnesses = different interpretation. Heck, the bible has been existing for so many years, who knows how much of its content had been altered? I believe the Bible is meant to inspire us to take the road God wants us to, and not to totally live for all the things it says. So yeah, this isn’t about the Bible. My point is, your faith in God should not depend on your faith in the Church. Why? Let me give you five:
- With or without the Church, God will remain forever and always. (whichever’s longer)
- The Church is a freaking structure.
- Not everyone who comprises it is good. There are priests, (specifically, I don’t know about nuns) and other “Church-people” who kill, commit adultery, do money laundering and God knows what else. Yes they’re mere human like us and they’re no exemption to sins but hey, they’ve got their vows right?
- In countries like the Philippines, the Church could sometimes be all-mouths. You know, they say “no” to most projects or bills being debated in the Senate and yet they don’t do anything to help those people who are supposed to be benefiting from the projects/bills.
- How can you ever entirely trust an entity that did hundreds, if not thousands, of unforgivable things just to take control of the Seat of Power? They used to believe they could buy their way to heaven, for goodness sake!
- I miss going to Tumblr but…
- Wrimo Jitters
It’s the 21st already and there are only 11 days left until NaNoWriMo 2011 starts and I am already getting the jitters! I am not completely ready yet because I still need to gather a lot of information and ideas, think of a proper ending, an attention-getter title and a book cover! This is definitely going to be hard and my hopes are slowly going down. Like from the start I believed i myself that I could definitely do it, but now I’m like “50,000 words are just too many!” Also, I am going to be a bridesmaid next month in my cousin’s wedding! Can’t you just imagine how much words are at stake because I have to spend a couple of days preparing for her big day? Man… But whatever happens, I’m going to do NaNo and I’m going to finish my novel just as planned! \m/