Snagged from Tumblr:
“To be answered and completed with grace and understanding on both sides of opinions expressed: Let your opinions pour out, but you don’t have to be a dick about do you? And you may severely disagree with someone but are you going to unfollow or bug them about it? That said, answer and read at your discretion.”
1. A selection of television programs you do not care for.
I am not really a TV person but there are still a handful of shows I like/love to watch, although I can let a week pass without seeing their latest episodes. But even though I don’t watch TV a lot, there are still a handful of shows I just don’t care for anymore. Here are some:
- Afternoon soap operas our maid love to watch – I mean seriously, why are these shows even existing? They are a total waste of atoms, molecules, earth, wind and fire. Like, hello? They have the dumbest plots and the dumbest lines. EVER.
- Glee – sorry Puck, my love, but I just have to include it here. Okay so, why Glee? I used to care for this show a lot, like I would even fight with my brother just so I could own the television for at least an hour. And I did enjoy season 1 a lot. But season 2 generally sucked. And season 3? I don’t even give a damn about what’s happening there. Take this for instance: everyone in Glee club are supposed to be a group of talented yet bullied and “different” kids. But what do they do inside Glee club? They create too much drama around each other. One second, they love each other very much, the next second they’re all willing to rip each others’ faces off. I hate it that there is no synchronization in the show, like the writers aren’t really decided about what to do with the life of the characters there. And what about Tina (played by Jenna Ushkowitz) who has been a part of the Glee Club since day one? When did they ever focus on her story? What else? Hmm… The issues they are all trying to make its viewers aware of? I don’t think they’re doing any service to those issues anymore. They just end up preachy. And you know, I could actually create a separate blog post regarding this one!
2. A selection of musical artists you do not care for.
- I don’t like 50 cent. And any other rappers who only rap/write about their blings, cars, and the numbers of girls with big, fat, fake boobs that they sleep with every night. I believe that’s just total bull.
- I also don’t like a handful of K-pop groups. A lot of them sing and dance stupidly, as if they were forced by their mothers to do that in exchange of a happy meal afterwards. And please, why do they have to include English phrases/sentences in their songs of they cannot even pronounce the words properly? I know their fans can live with their songs sans the English.
3. A selection of celebrities you couldn’t care less about.
- Those reality “stars”. What are their names again?
4. A hobby you “don’t get”.
- Telling people things you are not supposed to tell. Because you know, if your friend told you her secret, it’s supposed to be kept a secret until the both of you dies UNLESS it’s a matter of life and death (i.e. she’s 16 and pregnant, or her doctor found out she was really a he.)
5. A habit you find disgusting.
- Giving people nicknames because you don’t like them or the things they do. ‘Nuff said.
6. Something in school you really liked doing that everyone else bitched over.
- I like it when the teachers just ask us to copy the lessons written on the board. I just like (okay, scratch that — I LOVE this thing) writing a lot of things in my notebook. And, isn’t it better than any other activity in the world? 🙂
7. Your favorite household chore.
- Do I have any? Hmmm… Oh yeah, there’s one! I like chopping/slicing the ingredients my sister is going to need for cooking. It’s not really a chore since I’m not supposed to do that daily. But I still like doing it 😀
8. Popular video games that make you go “meh”.
- Those games that include bombing, killing and getting all bloody and dirty. I hate it when I have to kill somebody just to win a freaking game! (well except if I’m supposed to kill zombies or pests)
9. PC or MAC?
- PC, I guess. I have never owned a Mac my entire life, but I have used one several times. It was hard to operate at first, unlike PC which is very user-friendly. But Mac seems to be really pretty, you know? So I might go for it once I get a chance.
10. A sport you don’t like for whatever reason.
- Sumo wrestling? I don’t know. I don’t know a lot about this “sport” but I just don’t like the idea of getting all sweaty, and big and heavy, and holding your opponent on all the weird places just to get him out of the round mattress.
11. A sport you really like for whatever reason.
- I am not really the sporty kind. So there.
12. Television programs you love but have gotten shit for liking.
- Jersey Shore. Um okay. I know what I said about number 3 but there is always an exemption to the rule right? So yeah, Jersey Shore is ridiculous, disgusting at times, they showcase a lot of very questionable behaviors, with girls trashing themselves for guys and guys being disrespectful to girls but you know what? SO DOES EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS CRAZY SOCIETY AND IT’S NOT NEARLY AS ENTERTAININGLY ABSURD. But these people are really entertaining though sometimes they make me want to punch their faces.
13. Musical artists you love but have gotten shit for liking.
- Luckily, none! I have a freaking awesome taste in music. 😀
14. A hobby you have/find interesting that other people bug you over/make fun of.
- Reading. YOU PEOPLE! Reading doesn’t make me a nerd and even if it does, at least it makes me smarter that you, dimwits.
15. A habit you have that other people bug you over.
- It’s a secret.
16. Something in school you hated doing and it felt like everyone else loved.
- Physical Education. I hate sports. I hate getting all sweaty and sticky. I hate it because everyone else would rather have P.E. classes rather than actual lessons because they can run around and throw balls at each other and get dirty. Then we’d all go back to the classroom after that, right? The classroom is air-conditioned. That means everyone and everything inside will end up smelling awfully bad. Disgusting.
17. The household chore that makes you want to shoot your face off.
- Laundry. I’ve never really washed a week’s worth of clothes yet but if I have a choice, I would never do it. I have standards when it comes to cleanliness, thanks to my OCD-ish sister, so even a good washing machine would not suffice.
18. A selection of video games that that you enjoy that perhaps you shouldn’t.
- Sims. It’s stupid as f*** yet I enjoyed it a lot. I even came to the point where I would waste my four hours playing Sims online.
19. A celebrity crush that that maybe you even don’t understand.
- I seriously do not get this one. I don’t understand how? But anyway, I have a lot of crushes and I sometimes go to bed with all of them… Hee hee 😉
20. Free rant on whatever grinds your gears at the moment.
- Stupidity. Oh god. I am very fortunate to live with a wonderful family but I am also not so fortunate for having to deal with a lot of their stupidity. As much as I want to elaborate, I can’t. They will eventually find this blog of mine and read my entries then kill me if I talk bad about them.
So okay, that’s all of it. I guess the point of this challenge is just to pour your heart out and speak about the things you don’t really talk about probably because your opinions are against the mainstream. And my friends, liking things that aren’t mainstream doesn’t make you a stupid hipster. It’s normal. Some people will like what you like, some will not. Deal with it. It’s called individualism.
And please, don’t ask about my NaNoWriMo. I have finally given up on it.
I have given up on NaNoWriMo itself, because I just don’t feel the fun if it at all. The excitement, yes, at first. But the fun? I don’t know. Call me weird but no, it made me feel that writing my novel was a chore and that I had to keep up with it every single night.
Writing may not be my thread just yet, but I am sure I am getting there.
I will finish my novel, with or without Nano. 😀
Leave a comment! I’d love to catch up with you guys once again 🙂
- Unpopular Opinions Meme (lovestryker.wordpress.com)
- Glee’s Jenna Ushkowitz: Tina’s Time Will Come (perezhilton.com)
- The 10 Most Unpopular People In America (buzzfeed.com)